The ultimate buisness plan

Forum rules
Be polite and courteous! Stay on topic.

The ultimate buisness plan

Postby Purple Haze » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:14 pm

What if I told you that there is a short window of opportunity to make a decent profit while providing the vast majority of the area that you live in with the highest quality bikes for a fraction of other major bike manufacturers.Not many of us realize that recently due to financial turmoil that shipping cost from China dropped significantly and now for as little as 400 usd you can fill a container filled with bikes and bike parts and have them shipped overseas.If someone were savy enough to get a investor that would fund a initial project of say 100 carbon 29ers with mid grade components but thoroughly tested for approximately 1,500 usd and resold at 2,500 usd.Alibaba is offering us the chance to do so everyday and from what I see on that other bike website that is featuring bikes straight off Alibabas catalog, there are other people who are doing just that.Those people are charging much more than the price I just quoted but are suckering everyone in,and getting rave reviews.What do you think about the idea,or is it too risky.
Purple Haze

Re: The ultimate buisness plan

Postby Falkon45 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:50 pm

If you had your shop already established with good standing in the community, this would be a good risk to take on. But, for a start up, you could be stuck on all your product for years, effectively putting you in the red for a very long time.

But, it also depends on the areas you live/ work/ride.
Falkon45

Postby JohnnyMullet » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:14 pm

Remember that you want to have returning customers.
Ashtabula Crank Bicycle Club
JohnnyMullet

Postby wa_desert_rat » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:12 am

Someone may have already taken advantage of this. I saw a top banner ad that mentioned great pricing on "name brand" bicycles. It would not surprise me to find out it was this sort of deal. Unfortunately even if I wanted to buy a bike from them I'm prohibited from clicking on ads on this forum. :(
WDR
http://www.bigboxbikes.com
"No one has ever had to evacuate a city because the solar ;panels broke!"
wa_desert_rat

Postby Purple Haze » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:47 am

The whole Europe and America is doing exactly what I am talking about.Whenever you see a dude with a Lambo he probably made some sort of deal with China or sold overvalued real estate.
Purple Haze

Postby JohnnyMullet » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:25 pm

Or sold his soul ;)
Ashtabula Crank Bicycle Club
JohnnyMullet

Postby Tomcat65 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:52 pm

Just saying, China's economy is way deep in the crapper right now and actually, Alibaba is suffering too. Aliexpress and all of the investors have had a very bad year. The Chinese government loves to tie the wealthy to scandalous officials, ex officials and seize their property. Alibaba is such a huge marketing giant, the government has found it quite a challenge to acquire the Alibaba assets without breaking international law. The thing is, Chinese corporations are usually prohibited from selling shares in other countries, but Alibaba went public in the US last year, and the guy responsible has been in and out of court and facing charges since.

Just saying... If the Chinese government were to seize the Alibaba empire, there could be serious delays. I'd say investing in Alibaba and/or Alibaba products right now looks tempting, but very risky.
And
carbon frame bikes are slow sellers when you're not allowed to show a brand name or the brand names of the components for fear of trademark/copyright infringement. The Chinese are well protected and almost immune to prosecution thanks to certain free trade agreements, :evil: and one sided Chinese law
Tomcat65

Postby Purple Haze » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:16 pm

Manufacturing economies are always on the plus side of things no matter what we are being told.We are the debtor nations except Germany and it is all due to the fact we don't produce much of anything.China is crushing speculators and will continue to do so until all the bad apples have been weeded out or executed.In the end of this financial turmoil the dollar will be crushed as well as most other currencies because we turned into a speculative society instead of a goods producing one.The monthly trade deficit is the real indicator not the stock market.The bad year is from market saturation and the fact that most of Europe except Germany and America are flat broke but they are still on the plus side.I still hear you though when you say brand recognition is super important.
Purple Haze

Return to General Discussions