Where did you ride today?

Forum rules
Be polite and courteous! Stay on topic.

Where did you ride today?

Postby BADDANDY » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:56 pm

I'll start off.
Today, rode another 4 hours at Pack Forest. No picks of the single track as I was a little busy. Hopefully next time I'll make it to the NE side of the mountain to get a good pic of Mt. Rainier.

2015 Giant Stance 27.5 2
Sold - WalMart Mongoose XR PRO
BADDANDY

Re: Where did you ride today?

Postby 2wheels » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:51 am

28 miles of urban wilderness for me. Sketchy folks, broken beer bottles, incompetent drivers, rough sidewalks..... Met a rider who had just been hit by car. The guy was standing next to his bike on a sidewalk. Some woman yapping on her phone drove right up on the sidewalk hitting the guy and then fled the scene! Driver hauled ass too according to a couple of witnesses. No one had a chance to get plate numbers.

Nothing as nice as your ride. :-)
2wheels

Postby desertguns » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:58 am

BADDANDY wrote:I'll start off.
Today, rode another 4 hours at Pack Forest. No picks of the single track as I was a little busy. Hopefully next time I'll make it to the NE side of the mountain to get a good pic of Mt. Rainier.

What the heck is that white stuff all over the place? :P
desertguns

Postby BADDANDY » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:00 pm

desertguns wrote: What the heck is that white stuff all over the place? :P

Welcome to my nightmare!
2015 Giant Stance 27.5 2
BADDANDY

Postby desertguns » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:14 am

Well, after dark I rode the Genesis around my desert trails. It's a new world at night & it's a blast. The shadows & light-play make well know territory something new. It's hard to explain & I'm not sure why exactly, but it's very cool. Two (so far) 55 watt driving lights are going to extend my riding season well into the summer. Probably wouldn't do this to the Goose, but the Genesis cruiser is perfect for these mods.
desertguns

Postby BADDANDY » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:17 pm

Went back to PF today and road the center section. This was a solid 6 miles of dirt road straight up to the top, then maybe 2 miles of trail, then about 7 miles back down. Almost 4 hrs in 65 degree hazy sunshine. I could see Mt Rainier, but I didn't think it would show in pics. Still lots of blowdown over the trails in the woods. I was all green from polen and I think my legs found poison oak cause I was sneezing, itchy, and as I looked in a mirror, covered in hives. Great day!
2015 Giant Stance 27.5 2
BADDANDY

Postby desertguns » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:54 pm

Looks like a tough ride. How high is that?

Load up on the Benadryl & calamine ;-} Still better than a day in the office, right?
desertguns

Postby BADDANDY » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:53 pm

I popped a pill, drank some beer, and applied medicated lotion. None of that is bothering me today, but the rest of my body is under protest today. Running twice a week is def helping with the biking endurance. I actually love my job, but yah, nothing beats being out in the woods.
The parking lot is 780ft, and the peak is 2040ft.
Google Pack Forest WA for the map.
2015 Giant Stance 27.5 2
BADDANDY

Postby Dizzy » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:26 am

I won't say it's where I rode today....but it is where I rode this weekend. For the first time since I've installed the new wheels I got the Deception out onto some REAL trails. I still marvel at how light this bike is, and at the fact that I can pedal up some decently steep areas and the bike actually feels like it's propelling me...not that I'm trying to lug a piece of metal up the incline! My son and I rode a 4-mile trail that has a lot of different elements, including a bunch of 4-foot high clay hills in a row. In fact, someone added about 4 more of these hills since my last run in January. I was having too much fun riding to stop and photograph any of it...but there are a few areas I've made a mental note of to photograph in the future. Wild-flowers were starting to come in...heh....but the best of 'em was at the end of the ride...I was doing good to stay upright on the bike at that point. Obviously, I need to ride more to build up my endurance!

goose1.jpg
goose1.jpg (227.87 KiB) Viewed 2867 times
Dizzy

Postby BADDANDY » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:52 pm

I rode 3 hours at Black Diamond today. About 10 different trails all single track. Lots of ups, downs, and snaking around on these trails. A little mucky in the low spots, but basically dry after last weeks rains. I was proud of my riding, only fell once, not even a crash. 29ers are awesome for this kind of riding. I think I only hit the chainring once and a pedal twice. I'm so used to riding 26ers all these years that I waited on every obstacle for the hit and was constantly surprized when it didn't. Constant shifting small to middle chainring with the rear left on the small gear all day. The stock brakes worked perfectly after I messed with them last week. I chatted with a few riders, a guy grooming the trails and some hikers, all with good outcomes. I was worn out after this ride, but not really sore, sweated buckets as usual. I need a sweatband.

2015 Giant Stance 27.5 2
BADDANDY

Next

Return to General Discussions