New Members introduce yourself and say hello!

Free form discussions... not on topic... we'll try to copy discussions that seem pertinent to appropriate forums.
Forum rules
Topic? We Don' Need No Steengkeeng Topic! Try to be polite though.

New Members introduce yourself and say hello!

Postby EscapeVelocity » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:38 pm

I notice a lot of people sign up but never say anything. You dont have to start your own thread just say hi, here if you arent up to starting your own thread about a topic or yourself.

Hello, we dont bite! 8-)

2011 Mongoose Tyax Elite
EscapeVelocity

Re: New Members introduce yourself and say hello!

Postby desertguns » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:56 pm

Um,,,hello. I'm Desertguns. Sort of a shy guy. Hoping to buy a bike soon so I can ride around the monastery. I just don't know how to take care of one. Brother Jason offered to lube my stem for me, but I'm not sure what that means. Nice to be here :?
desertguns

Postby EscapeVelocity » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:42 pm

LOL!

2011 Mongoose Tyax Elite
EscapeVelocity

Postby Castle81 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:08 pm

Castle here. Hullo from Texas! The land of HOT. And cows...
Roadmaster Granite Peak - The experiment
Mongoose DXR 26" (steel) - Frankenzombike
Havoc FS 26" - Organ donor.
Castle81

Postby juniorswv » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:25 am

Hello. Old man from Chester av. "64". Great to see site that has department store bikes. With some upgrades you can have a great bike without spending a few paychecks. Great reading and tech talk. I enjoy greatly. My new morning coffee bolg.
juniorswv

Postby EscapeVelocity » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:50 am

Welcome Castle and juniorsmv!

2011 Mongoose Tyax Elite
EscapeVelocity

Postby junkyarddog » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:48 pm

EscapeVelocity wrote:I notice a lot of people sign up but never say anything. You dont have to start your own thread just say hi, here if you arent up to starting your own thread about a topic or yourself.

Hello, we dont bite! 8-)

yea I looked through the members list and alot of folks had 0 posts or just a handfull.....seems only a few on here post on a reg basis
2013 GT eggressor- summer commuter bike
97 specialized rockhopper-SS winter commuter
roadmaster mtn sport 24"- wifes
junkyarddog

Postby jamms » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:50 pm

Hello,
Im a AZ desert dweller just a few months into bikes. I cant, or more importantly wont spend a lot of money on a bicycle. I have spent the last 10 years repairing and tuning up so called cheap guitars and stringed insturments. Now I am turning that interest to bikes. I have a cheap $150 guitar that with proper setup and a little work is one of my favorite acoustics. And I have quite a few. So I looked around and found a wally Schwinn Solitaire to ride to work.
Then I found this forum and got a Mongoose Hatchet based on a few things. Now I also have a Schwinn Empire XL , all of these bikes needed or benefitted from upgrades and tweaks just like an instrument. This forum is a wealth of info .
Schwinn Solitaire,Mongoose Hatchet, Schwinn Empire XL, Kestrel Talon, Schwinn Network 3.0 http://www.mrjams.com/blog
Everytime that wheel turns round, Your bound to cover just a little more ground.
jamms

Postby redneckpen » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:55 pm

Hey fellow Mongoose enthusiast. I am a forty year old southerner who loves to ride when I get the chance. You could check out a video on youtube of me and my old mongoose cuttin up in the drainage easment behind the house. My channel is thebraintuber, and one of the vids is bestditch.avi. I am pretty much a house husband, until things turn around, but I am trying to find something close enough for me to ride to. All through my life the bike has been more of a simble of freedom than just a thing. On a good down hill curvy road, it feels a little like flying. I am glad I found this forum, I was beginning to get bummed out by all the bikesnob Mogoose bashing. My Hatchet is one of the fastest bikes I have ever ridden. I have tweaked it here and there, but I couldn't be happier with it. Thanks for posting a great thred. I will keep reading.
redneckpen

Postby junkyarddog » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:47 pm

I am in the same boat redneckpen.......
2013 GT eggressor- summer commuter bike
97 specialized rockhopper-SS winter commuter
roadmaster mtn sport 24"- wifes
junkyarddog

Next

Return to ChatRoom