Power out here tonight

Free form discussions... not on topic... we'll try to copy discussions that seem pertinent to appropriate forums.
Forum rules
Topic? We Don' Need No Steengkeeng Topic! Try to be polite though.

Power out here tonight

Postby moze229 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:21 pm

I'm bored! I was downstairs working on my bike and the freaking power went out. So now I can't finish that up tonight. We have some wind storms coming through here tonight. Also, our oil lamps are all out of fuel. So I'm just sitting here in my truck allowing my phone to charge cause, ya know - it was at 10% just before the power went out. lol. Hope you all are having more fun than I am. I think I'll try and watch a Netflix movie on my phone. Or play with Youtube. I don't use much bandwidth usually so Sprint can go suck an egg.
moze229

Re: Power out here tonight

Postby to the beach » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:54 pm

I'm well prepared in case mine goes out, and it may with a blizzard going on right now. I'm in the 12-18" zone and there was already a few feet that fell in the last 3 weeks. Unfortunately the generator hasn't been started in a year and it's not powerfull enough to run my electric baseboard heat. The best I could do is run space heaters. I also have a huge assortment of battery powered LED worklights and flashlights and an LED lantern. Bring on the storm!
to the beach

Return to ChatRoom