What's everyone doing??

Free form discussions... not on topic... we'll try to copy discussions that seem pertinent to appropriate forums.
Forum rules
Topic? We Don' Need No Steengkeeng Topic! Try to be polite though.

What's everyone doing??

Postby to the beach » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:27 pm

Winter is taking a grip on the forum. Not a single post for 9 hours! I'm scouring for another project to work on and even craigslist has died down in the bike section. Hard to believe spring is only a few weeks away.
to the beach

Re: What's everyone doing??

Postby morando6784 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:05 pm

Getting parts one at a time waiting on weather to break. Pretty excited this year, i have to stay late every other Wednesday know for maintenance on a machine at work, got promoted to manager woohoo, my responsibility know, comes with territory. Any ways I'm done at 3:30 and guy doesn't come till 5:30 so i got two hours to kill with no wifey our kids around. Trails are just down the road from work.....hmmm what to do. :twisted:
Also have a project in mind. Got some power wheels parts around and an old steel kids bike, might try and build a electric big wheel trike for my son.
What ever bike I just picked up is what im riding.............Currently Mongoose Pro G3
morando6784

Postby Falkon45 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:30 pm

Nice! I'm building this 29er,finally got the aluminum comp frame back. Time to strip the paint off both frames.

I also got a lead on a free washing machine... But it needs a$400 part to work. Lol. Might get it. Also, prepping the mt fury to go. I broke the lock nut for the headset. Good thing there's another bike in the shed that's good for parts.

planning my VA trip so I can get hot on the project cars.
Falkon45

Postby Tomcat65 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:13 pm

Snow here has slowed things down considerably, Been working on the old Murray road bike. New shifters, cables, pedals, tires, waiting for the seat and the end plugs for the handlebar.. Going to true the wheels tomorrow, they're not bad, but the rear has a little wiggle.

The Schwinn has a new cable set ready to go, but I've been dragging my feet and not wanting to disable it, but with the ice under the snow, I won't be riding for a while anyway.

So, I've been regaining all of the weight I lost :P

AND I noticed Sharky had a birthday! Hope it was a good one!
Tomcat65

Postby scaldwellk » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:17 pm

I've been reading up on posts I missed here. Waiting on a headset for a Specialized Enduo frame up build. Guess I'll just keep waiting since we are getting another 6 to 8 inches of snow today. Dang I want to get some ridding in with my son.
scaldwellk

Postby rpromero » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:07 am

My neighbor gave me the bed extender for my truck. I don't have the rail system or the factory brackets that connect to the rails so I am making some brackets out of aluminum stock today.
rpromero

Postby Ruckis » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:54 pm

Getting cabin fever, and hoping that the wife will let me squeeze a few more bucks out of the budget for more bike parts! Hey Falkon, what part of VA are you headed to?
Ruckis

Postby Falkon45 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:07 pm

Going to Norfolk. My shop is in Virginia Beach. Want to hit some trails too, but they're getting a lot of snow.
Falkon45

Postby Ruckis » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:20 pm

Yeah man my little sister lives down there, everyone is freaking out lol. I'm in northern VA. If you ever make your way up here let me know!
Ruckis

Postby Falkon45 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:38 pm

Lol. Will do. I want to head up there one day.
Falkon45

Next

Return to ChatRoom