Buying a new car...

Free form discussions... not on topic... we'll try to copy discussions that seem pertinent to appropriate forums.
Forum rules
Topic? We Don' Need No Steengkeeng Topic! Try to be polite though.

Buying a new car...

Postby Falkon45 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:54 pm

I tried this same thing a few weeks ago. It was a nightmare. Is unprepared, listening to friend's advice and messing up horribly, and just not getting any of the salesmen to move on the price. It was stressful, and I couldn't handle it. Then I remembered that my company has a discount deal with certain car companies. Now I have an ace in my pocket. What tips do you guys have with car buying. Everything I ever bought was used and with cash. This working deals out I couldn't figure out.
Falkon45

Re: Buying a new car...

Postby rpromero » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:19 pm

Don't be scared to walk out on a deal. They will fold if you walk away.
rpromero

Postby Purple Haze » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:22 pm

What ever you do don't go into debt that you cant handle and actually buying used is smart.The U.S used car market is a rip off in DC metro area where I came from but maybe its better somewhere else.The car loan business is all over the news with record number of defaults,so whatever you do don't get caught up in predatory lending scam or you can lose a lot more than the ability to buy a car.Those BMWs and Mercedes that so many people covet over there are dirt cheap used with low mileage.Once the Swiss people figured how expensive it was to get fixed only suckers and old people have them.The people over here don't care what you drive because the basic salaries are so high you cant tell who is rich, and even if you are nobody cares.I really love this system.Calculate your debt and possible future endeavors and live within your means always.New cars such as trucks are ridiculously overpriced so beware because bottom line is average salary.
Purple Haze

Postby Falkon45 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:43 pm

Well, I've been pricing cars already. I bought my 2010 jetta used in 2013 from carmax. Way over priced, and terrible credit at the time got me, but the car just keeps having problems. VW wants 6k to repair the latest problem. I just said the car needs to go. Much better credit this time around, but being upsidedown on the car by nearly 10k makes the trade suck balls. I mostly just need to get a list interest loan, but a more reliable car takes priority seeing as I have to drive 700+ miles to work every 14 days.
Falkon45

Postby Purple Haze » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:48 am

Car max will smoke you hard.Go to navy credit union get 5 grand and head down to the nearest retirement community you can find, and I guarantee there will be cars posted in the local supermarket with low miles.Thats how I always got my stuff and the cars I had were workhorses.Just remember change the fluids before putting miles on it.
Purple Haze

Postby bojan v » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:14 am

Never bought a new car but what I've heard from friends you can get a good deal at the end of the month last few days of the month is where they really push sales to meet their numbes. Even better deals can be found at the end of the years when they try to move current stock for new year models. Use Kelly blue book to see what the car is worth and if your dealer is asking more tell them this is what the car is worth if they don't accept walk out. If your offer is reasonable 9 out of 10 times they will call you back.
bojan v

Postby Falkon45 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:02 am

Dealerships actually go by "black book" prices. I've used blue book, NADA and black book and figured out car prices. I've gotten a pre approved loan with navy fed a month ago. Basically, I need tips on how to talk the salesman down on prices. They either don't budge, or laugh at my offer. But, like I said, my job has discount offers with certain car companies that can pretty much best any of their prices. I just need to know how to talk down the people outside the program.
Falkon45

Postby to the beach » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:27 pm

After buying new for 20 years, (2 vehicles, I keep them long) I bought a used Buick Regal GranSport from the third owner who listed on craigslist. Trying to join a forum for these since I do all the maintenance myself and would like some FAQ answered.
to the beach

Postby Tomcat65 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:42 pm

What year Regal GranSport?

I have an old '95 Riviera, supercharged 3800.. I'm the second owner, it was 3 years old when I got it I've had it for 17 years lol.. She still looks good, but it needs lots of work. My ex drove it for about 5 years and that didn't help anything. It's been sitting for several years now, but I still dream of driving it to Florida again. But next time, it'll probably be Roadkill style :P
Tomcat65

Postby neo71665 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:17 pm

Tomcat65 wrote:What year Regal GranSport?

I have an old '95 Riviera, supercharged 3800.. I'm the second owner, it was 3 years old when I got it I've had it for 17 years lol.. She still looks good, but it needs lots of work. My ex drove it for about 5 years and that didn't help anything. It's been sitting for several years now, but I still dream of driving it to Florida again. But next time, it'll probably be Roadkill style :P

You get done taking the hood off and running it through the autocourse against a hellcat I need the huffer off that 3.8.
neo71665

Next

Return to ChatRoom