Buying a new car...

Free form discussions... not on topic... we'll try to copy discussions that seem pertinent to appropriate forums.
Forum rules
Topic? We Don' Need No Steengkeeng Topic! Try to be polite though.

Re: Buying a new car...

Postby to the beach » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:30 pm

Nice Tomcat, there's an Eaton M90 sitting on my 3800, Gen III L67.
to the beach

Postby Tomcat65 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:48 pm

Series I with the Eaton M62, L67.. 225hp and 275 lb·ft in a 3800lb car. It wasn't exactly a sports car, but it was fun to rip and run and surprise the Camaro boys

Not mine, but it illustrates exactly what I'm talking about
https://youtu.be/LeIVjWAVoAg
Tomcat65

Postby EasyRider » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:56 pm

If you are getting a loan this is a pretty good read...
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/2012 ... /index.htm

As far as talking them down, I usually buy from private sellers, I honestly don't like dealer salesmen.

But a friend of mine who was buying a new car showed me this tactic to use at a dealer: He had narrowed it down to 2 cars (same model) at 2 different dealers. He looked at car A in dealer A and had a general conversation with the sales staff there then said he would return and took their card.
He then went to dealer B to see car B and they did their usual spiel to get him into their sales office. When he sat down to discuss business he dialed the number to dealer A that was on the card and put them on speaker. He then said " ok guys I'm really interested in doing business with both of you, but whoever gets me the better deal wins my business".

He basically turned the tables on them and said they argued and competed to beat each other and give him the best deal. I've never tried it myself to see if it works but he seemed happy. Good luck with the purchase, and post pictures when you get her.
Formally WallyNiner
EasyRider

Previous

Return to ChatRoom