I've lost faith in people....

Free form discussions... not on topic... we'll try to copy discussions that seem pertinent to appropriate forums.
Forum rules
Topic? We Don' Need No Steengkeeng Topic! Try to be polite though.

I've lost faith in people....

Postby Falkon45 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:22 am

So, I decided to ride the skidaway island trail today. From what I read, it was a pretty easy, and less bugs than Tom Triplett.

I start on the trail, and its great. Well groomed, lots of roots and bumps, I even found a few small jumps. Well, about a mile into the trail, I come across a wooden bridge. Turning into it, the bike slides, and I go down. The wood is still wet, and the moss on it is pretty slick. Noted. A little bit later, another bridge. I observe it. Looks dry, directly in the sunlight, no moss. I start to cross the bridge and I see a hard right immediately on the other side. I brake to set to for the turn, and the wood is still very slippery. I go down, and my foot gets caught under the frame. That hurt. Then, dehydration started setting in. This is bad. So I'm laying on the bridge, sucking down as much water as possible, and wondering if my foot is broken. After laying there for about 15-20 minutes, I hear some people walking up. Before I can even trying over to look at them, I hear "oh, Hi", and they turn around and walk away. No asking if I need help, no checking if I was okay, nothing. That's the saddest part. I'm not even upset about my note possibly broken foot, or getting dizzy from being dehydrated. It was the fact the those two people didn't even try to help. 20 minutes later, I recover enough to call the park employees, and 20 minutes later, they show up to get me. If those two people helped, it would have been almost 40 minutes sooner I could have gotten help.

I'm ashamed at those people.
Falkon45

Re: I've lost faith in people....

Postby Purple Haze » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:51 pm

Don't be ashamed to scream out for help in that situation regardless of their nonchalant attitude.There is probably a whole host of seedy reasons that they didn't help you, but I know you have already seen the videos of people in serious trouble while other people are walking by.There is a disconnect from humanity that happens when people are faced with possible life threatening decisions.Thats why the medal of honor is very rarely awarded because even in war the tendency to walk away from helping someone is so great when under life threatening conditions most people think only about their own situation instead of their fellow man,but once it is observed it shames the people for their inaction.Look upon those people as the weak part of humanity that are only self serving and could not possibly help because of their character and upbringing.I hate to say it but there are many studies that show those are the same people in power positions nowadays.Glad you are ok but don't be discouraged because a high intensity light will be shone upon them and they will cowar in its brightness but we will do as always and help them to stand in the light to raise humanity upwards very much like my hero DR.MARTIN LUTHER KING.
Purple Haze

Postby Falkon45 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:30 pm

Lol. Thanks purple! Yeah, I didn't scream for help. I was still trying to recover from dehydration. If anything would have come out, it would have probably been a jumbled mess.

I think I actually said hi back to them. Lol. But that just really liked me. I told the park officials about it, and they were surprised. I told one of my friends, and they joked saying it was because I was black. Not gonna lie, it crossed my mind, but I'm not sure if they even got a good enough look at me to tell what color I was.

Either way, I'm just sad that they just didn't care to at least ask from a distance. Oh well. The golf kart the park personnel picked me up in wasn't quite appropriate for the job. I want to see about getting to get them a Polaris side by side or something.
Falkon45

Postby Purple Haze » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:52 pm

The states and a lot of other places are becoming beacons of hate and misunderstanding but besides that giant topic I am just glad your ok.
Purple Haze

Postby Falkon45 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:11 pm

Thank you, purple. Thankfully, my foot isn't broken. Just really bruised. At least, I hope so.
Falkon45

Postby BoomerBrian » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:34 pm

Who knows if it had anything to do with race. Could of just been people getting a little cautious when seeing someone in the woods or they just thought you were resting since you didn't tell them you were hurt. Before biking I might have done the same thing. Now I ask every rider I pass that is not moving if everything is Ok.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
BoomerBrian

Postby Falkon45 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:11 pm

Like I said, I'm not sure. But I doubt anyone would be testing in the middle of a bridge with a bike in the middle of the path. But I guess I'm just a different kind of person.
Falkon45

Postby neo71665 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:47 pm

Since you responded back with a hi they might have thought you were a weirdo that decided to rest in a bad place on the trail. There are plenty of inconsiderate people out there that think the world revolves around them. I can't count how many idiots I see daily that have to be told to put their phone away. I've even seen one answer her phone while standing in a courtroom on trial.
neo71665

Postby Falkon45 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:59 am

Lol. Very true. There are some jackasses in the world. I guess I'm one of those people who will at least ask what's going on, instead of assume everything is okay. I mean, people have died from similar situations, and people doing the exact same thing that they did. I keep that in the back of my mind, constantly. You don't know how many stories about lives saved on the highway with people trying to flag for help because someone went into cardiac arrest, and drivers are just completely ignoring them. No one is selfless anymore. We're all just concerned with ourselves, and making excuses as to why not to help anyone anymore. It's a damn shame.
Falkon45

Postby neo71665 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:08 pm

I'm a vol firefighter and can tell ya stories of inconsiderate idiots.

We got called out to a house fire one evening. On the way got stuck on a one lane dirt road because a car wouldn't let us pass. The cop finally worked his way around us and wrote them a ticket for failure to yield. We got around and to the house it was too late. Found out it was the idiots house that wouldn't pull over. They had just washed their car and didn't want us kicking up dust getting it dirty. Could have been somebody trapped in a crashed car, having a heart attack, or some other emergency but they were only worried about their car being clean. No house, paid a nice ticket, but at least their car stayed clean.
neo71665

Next

Return to ChatRoom