I've lost faith in people....

Free form discussions... not on topic... we'll try to copy discussions that seem pertinent to appropriate forums.
Forum rules
Topic? We Don' Need No Steengkeeng Topic! Try to be polite though.

Re: I've lost faith in people....

Postby Falkon45 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:49 pm

And that, my friend, is a painful justice.
Falkon45

Postby Tomcat65 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:10 pm

Falkon45 wrote: I told the park officials about it, and they were surprised. I told one of my friends, and they joked saying it was because I was black. Not gonna lie, it crossed my mind, but I'm not sure if they even got a good enough look at me to tell what color I was.

WHAT??!!!??
When did this happen? :P

Seriously, out away from the city, away from the campground and out in the depths of nature, we are still at the mercy of each other. Just saying, when a person appears injured, or otherwise down, it doesn't matter where you are. A helping hand is always appreciated and a mere hint of concern is always welcome. That "Not wanting to get involved" attitude has no place out in the solitary spaces where the next chance for help could be hours away.
Minutes could count, and the elements won't discriminate based on color, size or gender.

That being said, there are predators everywhere, so I will offer a helping hand, but only I know what weapons I have chosen for my self defense on any given day. And I won't care what size, color or gender if it comes to an ambush situation.

Bottom line, fear is equal among us all, stand back get an idea of the situation, keep your guard up, but have some compassion! ffs

And just another "by the way" 9 times out of 10, its a crazy white dude that turns out to be the predator in the woods lol

I hope you get back up and going soon and that this event doesn't shape or change your ideas of getting out and enjoying the things you love to do
Tomcat65

Postby Falkon45 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:58 pm

Oh, I'm planning on riding that trail again. If it's still pretty wet, I'm walking the bridges. It was a fun trail (the little that I rode), and had plenty loops to turn it from 3 miles to 8 miles. I'm also gonna remember to take in at least 1-2 bottles of water an hour before I start riding so dehydration doesn't take effect in the middle of my ride.
Falkon45

Postby Falkon45 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:56 pm

So, I just got out of surgery today. I ended up with a bone out of place in my right foot. It was put back and two pins put in the bones. Wish I could find those people and tell them thanks for helping. Lol.
Falkon45

Postby Purple Haze » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:19 pm

I am truly sorry for your hardships,but remember to let your foot heal properly before athletic endeavors.Feet take a long time to heal and it is quite serious because without proper support other parts of our bodies suffer from the imbalance.
Purple Haze

Postby Falkon45 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:43 pm

Yeah. The doc said it'll be 6-8 weeks before I can even put weight on my foot. Then another 6-8 before I'm back to normal. Working offshore, I can't go back to the platform at all for a while. It'll be okay, though.

That was mostly just to let them know that you need to say least check on people, because summertime could be seriously hurt.
Falkon45

Postby 6sharky9 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:54 pm

Sorry about your foot,Falkon...Im with the others on maybe asking for help next time..it may not have appeared you needed help or wanted it so i wouldnt jump to conclusions to the ones you saw on the trail.

And dont let that bridge scare you from taking it again...just sayin.
2014 Motobecane 550HT (work in progress)
6sharky9

Postby Falkon45 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:22 pm

Again, it took me about 40 minutes before I could actually call for help. I was a little out of it for most of the time due to trying not to pass out from dehydration (people seem to not realize that point). When I did reply to those people, it was a reaction, not a real cognitive reply.

But even so, is have still asked if somebody was okay or needed help, instead of walking away. (This point send to be missed also).
Falkon45

Postby Tomcat65 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:53 pm

Just saying.. A foot injury can actually put you in mild shock, any broken bone can phase the brain :P
A person is VERY susceptible to the elements and in a state of mind much like you've described. I remember a guy at work, completely skipped the last 3 steps at the bottom of a ladder and broke his foot. He couldn't even tell us what was hurting. Turns out, he had also sprained his arm and shoulder. Something that seems so pointless and small, as a couple of broken bones from a good old slip and fall, can sometimes leave us in a real mess

Glad you're on a solid path to recovery :D
And a Great Big" Like" for those guys at the park who did help you!
Tomcat65

Postby Falkon45 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:28 am

Thanks tomcat. I've actually been trying to figure out how to get the park an ATV or side by side for situations such as mine. Their electric golf cart didn't quite make the trip, and their current atv leaked fuel when they drove it. Something like a Polaris ranger or a four seater equivalent would be great. Just wish I had the money to get one for them.
Falkon45

PreviousNext

Return to ChatRoom