Prophesy!.... And a skunk spray remedy lol

Free form discussions... not on topic... we'll try to copy discussions that seem pertinent to appropriate forums.
Forum rules
Topic? We Don' Need No Steengkeeng Topic! Try to be polite though.

Prophesy!.... And a skunk spray remedy lol

Postby Tomcat65 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:18 am

Phil_RC_1 wrote:One disadvantage to riding trails after dark,,, Skunks!! and other nocturnal wild life, but mostly Skunks! I've ran across a couple recently when riding around dusk. Luckily I didn't get sprayed.

Just keep an eye (nose?) out for them (LOL)

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3366&p=41576#p41576

Well guess what happened to me in my own front yard after a long and exhausting ride?
It was Late late late, I was tired and totally not prepared lol.. As I came in, I hopped the drainage ditch in front of my house (I live in a rural area, on a county road) and was headed for the back of my house. My guest was waiting beside a tree just inside the boundaries of my property. As I recognized the dire consequences of my newfound situation, I steered clear of a direct T-bone collision with unfortunate destiny, and it immediately became a race through the WORST section of the ditch, across behind the mailboxes and back onto the road to stay ahead of that damn skunks tail :P

I lost

But only by my left boot and the rear section of my bike :D
An internet search revealed a link to a Mythbusters site with a proven "Confirmed" remedy
http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythb ... unk-smell/
Very helpful indeed. Dawn, baking soda and Hydrogen Peroxide mixed together in a slurry that tastes really bad when it splatters off your favorite detail brush. It worked great, saved my hiking boots, made my bike less skunky...

Prophecy.
Thanks Phil :P
I had no idea that my slowish Southern mouth could literally not produce the foul language that came to me so quickly

be careful out there :D
Tomcat65

Re: Prophesy!.... And a skunk spray remedy lol

Postby Falkon45 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:01 pm

Lol. Quite interesting. Glad you were able to rid your items of the skunk smell. Hopefully, your "guest" doesn't frequent your property.
Falkon45

Postby Phil_RC_1 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:19 pm

ROTFLOL!!!!!! I just found this. What a coincidence?

Funny, I've recently bought some bright off-road lights for night riding. Hope I can avoid the skunks, but it's good to know that the Mythbusters have a remedy!(LOL) In just two night rides, I have already seen a few unidentified pairs of glowing eyes lurking just off the trail. Maybe Raccoons or Opossums I hope!
Niner Jet9 - My last Price-Point purchase before they closed
XR-Pro
Phil_RC_1

Postby Tomcat65 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:54 pm

Oh yeah, I've got a super bright 3 LED light set now, and I've been able to see the skunks, the cats, dogs, rabbits and a lonely coyote that a flashlight mounted on the handlebars would never reveal
Tomcat65

Return to ChatRoom