The new Walmart Worldbeater Bike...

Free form discussions... not on topic... we'll try to copy discussions that seem pertinent to appropriate forums.
Forum rules
Topic? We Don' Need No Steengkeeng Topic! Try to be polite though.

The new Walmart Worldbeater Bike...

Postby steady eddie » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:39 pm

Steady Eddie

"If you buy a stock bike, do something to it that makes it the only one exactly like it in the world"...Grant Petersen
steady eddie

Re: The new Walmart Worldbeater Bike...

Postby Falkon45 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:10 am

I think there's a build thread on this bike in the road bike section. Actually made me want to get one.
Falkon45

Postby steady eddie » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:59 pm

Falkon45 wrote:I think there's a build thread on this bike in the road bike section. Actually made me want to get one.

Falcon45--

Hey man, how are ya doin???

Thanks for the link..and I feel the same..lol..

Here is another link for you:

http://traylcycling.com/shop/dispatch-hybrid-bike/

Basically, the same bike only this linked-to-one costs $300.00!!! (Walmart scores again) Three times as much money for the same frame and bike, almost..

For the price of 100 bucks you can get in on this deal..wow-- 8-)
Steady Eddie

"If you buy a stock bike, do something to it that makes it the only one exactly like it in the world"...Grant Petersen
steady eddie

Postby Falkon45 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:07 pm

Doing good Steady Eddie! Wow! That other bike is a serious gyp!!!

Walmart definitely wins that round. Lol.
Falkon45

Postby steady eddie » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:12 am

Falkon45 wrote:Doing good Steady Eddie! Wow! That other bike is a serious gyp!!!

Walmart definitely wins that round. Lol.

Falcon45--

Just think about the poor saps who did drop a cool 300 on that bike..what do they think of it now?? :evil:

For $100 at Walmart, this bike gives you some "wiggle room" to put different parts on it for upgrading...
and still come in for less than that $300 asking price for the linked-to bike.. :idea:
Steady Eddie

steady eddie

Postby Falkon45 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:28 am

I know!!!! That's a big markup for different wheels, different stem, an extra gear, and a suspension seat post. All in all, maybe $75 more, if even that. But it's whatever. I could spend that much on far superior parts, and turn it into a decent cros bike.
Falkon45

Postby steady eddie » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:11 am

Falkon45 wrote:I know!!!! That's a big markup for different wheels, different stem, an extra gear, and a suspension seat post. All in all, maybe $75 more, if even that. But it's whatever. I could spend that much on far superior parts, and turn it into a decent cros bike.

Falcon45--
One of the many things that you need in a cross-bike is the ability to "shoulder" the bike IE. carry it, well this bike frame has got that covered..it has no stretch of cabling under the top tube..just two "braze-ons" that the cable sheathing goes into, leaving the center cable exposed..no digging into your shoulder..it is a small thing that could turn into a very BIG thing--ouch!!
Steady Eddie

steady eddie

Postby Falkon45 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:34 pm

This is true. But, jagwire had those cool sheaths that can cover the exposed cable, making it a bit more comfortable. Or, some electrical tape and a full run on the top of the top tube. Lol
Falkon45

Postby steady eddie » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:13 pm

Falkon45 wrote:This is true. But, jagwire had those cool sheaths that can cover the exposed cable, making it a bit more comfortable. Or, some electrical tape and a full run on the top of the top tube. Lol

Falcon45--

Just *sayin* here..You need not worry about electrical tape and etc. with this frame..and in this neck of the woods, they always run the best, and most fun, cross races in the rain, in the dead of winter, where you'll be sure to need to carry ANY bike that you'd be riding..Lol.. :lol:
Steady Eddie

steady eddie

Postby steady eddie » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:36 pm

So then, what signifies a *Worldbeater Bike*??

It is a "Walmart only" bike that is a game-changer..and IMHO, this one-hundred dollar bike is no less than "A poor man's Surly Long Haul Trucker" capable of doing it for years to come, with only some minor changes along the way..the more I look--the more I like..check it out..
Steady Eddie

steady eddie

Next

Return to ChatRoom