Mini DV Recorder $14

Videos of your bicycle adventures whether on a bigbox bike or an LBS bike plus tips about how to produce videos.
Forum rules
Have fun, be polite and courteous, try to stay on topic.

Re: Mini DV Recorder $14

Postby RT4x4 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:35 pm

That's a good idea WDR maybe I can catch the tool that stole my spare tire at the trail :twisted:
RT4x4

Postby squire366 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:01 pm

I have an idea to cut down on noise with this recorder. Maybe a small piece of tape over the mic will cancel out the noise. Also...... you should look into ways to possibly mount the camera on your helmet. Most of the MTB videos that I have watched use a helmet mounted camera.

At that price I think I'll grab one as well and try the helmet mounting route. Should be easy enough to do. That way you guys can see when I go OTB............LOL

Sent from my galaxy nexus using Tapatalk 2
Mongoose Deception
squire366

Mini DV Recorder $14

Postby Saintsreturn » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:40 pm

Mounting on the helmet works for some and not for others in regards to stability but it does remain constant in one area, boring... Helmet mounts that do not show the rider or bike have no depth and become boring quickly to viewers. I recommend mounting it on the bike or in a way to show the profile of the helmet, that will help show depth and give the video some interest.
Saintsreturn

Re: Re: Mini DV Recorder $14

Postby squire366 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:26 am

Saintsreturn wrote:Mounting on the helmet works for some and not for others in regards to stability but it does remain constant in one area, boring... Helmet mounts that do not show the rider or bike have no depth and become boring quickly to viewers. I recommend mounting it on the bike or in a way to show the profile of the helmet, that will help show depth and give the video some interest.

Honestly........... I find the videos shot with a bike mounted camera to be boring because the camera can ONLY point in the same direction as the bike is pointed whereas with a helmet mounted camera you see whatever the rider sees.

Now I have seen videos where the camera was mounted on the frame to show suspension action which was interesting for a minute but got boring quickly.

Personally I like to see the trail from the rider's perspective.

Sent from my galaxy nexus using Tapatalk 2
Mongoose Deception
squire366

Postby BostonRegs » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:16 pm

saw this post 2 weeks ago and bought one for $8 shipped on ebay! It actually works great, and for the price, you cant go wrong!
BostonRegs

Previous

Return to Bike Videos