genesis saber v2600

This is the standard size mountain bike (MTB)
Forum rules
Be polite and courteous! Stay on topic!

Re: genesis saber v2600

Postby Purple Haze » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:19 am

Sharky is right,just get some colored gel or comfort grips cut them to size then pound them on with a mallet.The comfort grips spread the pounding your hands take and for me feel better when holding on over tree roots and rocks.
Purple Haze

Postby bojan v » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:59 pm

Went for a ride today early morning got in some rain light drizzle.
Towards last few feet of the uphill noticed some strange noise so when I got to the top I started inspecting and found that somehow my headset got loose and saw some movement in the fork by the bearings. Good think I always carry my basic tool set in my backpack. I tightened it by hand before I don't know if I can use loctite on aluminum parts? Other thing is the bike just felt violent on the down hill section It wanted to kill me got my feet thrown off the pedals few times and once almost over the bar I tought it was locked but it wasn't when I came to my car I noticed the the shock was adjusted to all the way slow rebound. Freaking brother in law let him ride it yesterday must of messed with it.
Other than that check out the few pics of sunrise and me chasing the rainbow. Lol.
Attachments
2015-07-31_12.56.25.jpg
2015-07-31_12.56.25.jpg (87.01 KiB) Viewed 470 times
2015-07-31_12.57.06.jpg
2015-07-31_12.57.06.jpg (142.86 KiB) Viewed 470 times
bojan v

Postby Purple Haze » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:57 pm

The landscape and sky are insanely beautiful.Rebound will cause all sorts of jolts if not adjusted properly but so will too much air pressure because when you feel moderate hits like going over small rocks then you probably need to adjust air pressure.I had to learn over here that a lot of stuff you feel can be tuned out by perfectly adjusting air and rebound in unison.That sag video on youtube is real because after you adjust it to maybe not the full usable travel your suspension has but pretty close, the bike has a better level of control all around.The bike will actually compress on objects instead of being bumped aside even on turns on rough terrain.When you see the mountain bike riders on full suspension 29ers in the UCI cross country, their suspension is taking those small vibrations hits so the people can go faster with less fatigue.
Purple Haze

Postby bojan v » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:34 pm

I think air pressure is right on it rode great before it was just set to slow rebound I had it set in the middle before. The fork I'm not sure what's going on with it at 80psi it was great sag was about a hair over 1/4 I got to use it up to 3/4 travel. So for today I put it at 150psi rides great I was alot faster I got trough the trail 10 minutes faster even with few stops to fix bike n take few pics but travel barely went over half. I will go for another ride tomorrow and mess with the fork some more.

Do you guys know anything about race face ride handlebar and stems? I read a lot of good reviews just want to know if anyone here uses them how they hold up. From what I read it's entry level stuff.
bojan v

Postby Skilled3000 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:22 pm

bojan v wrote:I think air pressure is right on it rode great before it was just set to slow rebound I had it set in the middle before. The fork I'm not sure what's going on with it at 80psi it was great sag was about a hair over 1/4 I got to use it up to 3/4 travel. So for today I put it at 150psi rides great I was alot faster I got trough the trail 10 minutes faster even with few stops to fix bike n take few pics but travel barely went over half. I will go for another ride tomorrow and mess with the fork some more.

Do you guys know anything about race face ride handlebar and stems? I read a lot of good reviews just want to know if anyone here uses them how they hold up. From what I read it's entry level stuff.
I run a raceface stem and truvativ bars. From what I can tell the stem is light and is holding on good. The bars and stem are good if yowhenn't feel like spending a ton on handlebars. I would suggest getting them. I couldn't find any raceface handlebars that were around my budget so I went with just the raceface stem here are the links http://m.jensonusa.com/Race-Face-Ride-Stem-OE. http://m.blueskycycling.com/product/708 ... dlebar.htm
Skilled3000

Postby 6sharky9 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:29 pm

bojan v wrote:I think air pressure is right on it rode great before it was just set to slow rebound I had it set in the middle before. The fork I'm not sure what's going on with it at 80psi it was great sag was about a hair over 1/4 I got to use it up to 3/4 travel. So for today I put it at 150psi rides great I was alot faster I got trough the trail 10 minutes faster even with few stops to fix bike n take few pics but travel barely went over half. I will go for another ride tomorrow and mess with the fork some more.

Did you even try the 20% sag on the front fork?
2014 Motobecane 550HT (work in progress)
6sharky9

Postby bojan v » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:32 am

No I originally set it up to 25% which should be the sweet spot from reading few different sites in suspension set up which recommend 20-30% I had it at 25% it felt bit stiff and I wasn't getting the whole travel I think it was about a 60-70% but I guess that's safe for in case I run on a bigger jump. I will mess with it some more today on the trail see how it goes
bojan v

Postby bojan v » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:33 am

I also got race face ride bar and stem with their half nelson grips and some rockbros pedals.
bojan v

Postby bojan v » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:59 pm

This is what came in mail today better pic when I install them on the bike
Attachments
2015-08-05_22.48.44.jpg
2015-08-05_22.48.44.jpg (174.08 KiB) Viewed 422 times
bojan v

Postby bojan v » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:52 pm

Alllllright bike is done. Well %95 hah only stock thing left on this bike is the seat and post. I freaking love it now my first mods should of been the bar, stem, grips and pedals well the brakes too but this just transforms the bike into a beast. I love it.
Pedals rockbros they feel glued to my shoes it felt so tight my feet were coming out of my shoes had to tighten em up.
Handlebar and stem 60mm I think lol I already forgot 70 or 60 I'll have too see what I got I think it's 60 but anyway it lowers my body a bit and moves me foreword I also removed a spacer on the steerer and put it on top of the stem didn't want to cut the fork any more.
Grips race face half nelson even with half lock they have no movement hard rubber compound and with no gloves it glues my hands to the bike I only rode around my neighborhood and love it.
I tried bunny hops before but now I can just do it with ease. I got winded out by bunny hopping and wheeling and than got rained on freaking vegas it's supposed to rain twice a year here we already got rain more that pays 3 years combined
I lived here 15 years this feels like the coolest summer yet and I mean coolest instead 115 it's 105 lol. Vegas problems.
I will put pictures and Full specs on 1st page I think I can call this build done it's been awesome and I got a new addiction. Time to hit some trails.

from the look of the pics it definitely looks like bike could of used a bigger shock 7.5? it looks that way or am i tripping?
bojan v

PreviousNext

Return to 26er Mountain Bikes