genesis saber v2600

This is the standard size mountain bike (MTB)
Forum rules
Be polite and courteous! Stay on topic!

Re: genesis saber v2600

Postby Purple Haze » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:22 am

your tripping off that desert cactus lol, because you might be able to put one in it but that does not mean you should.That bike is strictly cross country and 6.5 is the maximum shock length and more than enough for seriously hard trail riding.Your thinking of a all mountain bike that will take serious jumps and drops of four feet or more which if landed right your bike could do already.If landed right onto a down sloped surface not flat,and the only bike built for that is a downhill bike.Post pictures please I would like to see the final product.
Purple Haze

Postby bojan v » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:54 am

That's what i thought i'm tripping bike is fine. Pics are on 1st page sorry they are cellphone pics at night. Once i get out on a trail i'll use my better camera. So i set my alarm for 5 am, i wake up, have a quick breakfast, fill my pack with water, i open the backyard door blinds, it's freaking raining :evil: :( So i wont be able to fully test it until Monday. Some good news for me finally after almost 4 years working part-time job i got full-time :D
bojan v

Postby bojan v » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:55 am

omg just saw the pic of my grips and they are sexy.
bojan v

Postby bojan v » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:16 am

Alright got some annoying noises coming from the bike 1st. Front wheel I can't pin point it but at speed 15mph and above start getting like pinging noise from front wheel almost same noise when I squeeze 2 spokes together. Front wheel was never true from when it arrived I left it alone. But also when I pick the bike up spin the wheel by hand noise is there so with no weight on it makes the noise but sounds different like scraping or rattling and sound like it's coming from the brakes everything is tight idk what it can be. Any ides?
2nd. Rear suspension when the shock is working makes squeaking noise. Does this mean anything is the shock going bad already? It's annoying how do I make it stop?
bojan v

Postby Falkon45 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:27 am

Clean your shaft on the shock. The reset the lock out (lock and unlock the shock). It doesn't mean it's going bad. The lockout might not be fully disengaged. For the front, you may need to tension your spokes or get the wheel trued. It could very well be lose spokes. Also, go back and check all your pivot points. You may need to go through and grease all of them to track down the rear suspension noise.
Falkon45

Postby Purple Haze » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:05 pm

Make sure your front wheel disc is aligned perfectly in between the pads,(common problem)by turning the bike over and looking directly between the disc brake and making sure the disc is exactly in between the pads.If not, adjust the disc brakes until it is exactly in between the pads.Like Falkon said you have to have tension on the spokes all the way around and they really need to be trued when riding on trails because the stress is tremendous and will really make your wheels wobbly or even worse collapse.This is serious if your taking your bike on trails all the time.The only rims that can withstand bunny hops and flat drops on a mountain bike for a extended period are downhill rims not xc rims which I assume you have.Your bike is not a bmx or a downhill bike and should be treated as such.Next time you go to your LBS check out what a downhill rim looks like and notice the wall thickness and then look at yours and if its anywhere near as thick then I take whatever I said back but if it isn't then those are the parameters we have to live with including myself.
Purple Haze

Postby Purple Haze » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:18 pm

Don't forget that downhill wheelsets are some of the most expensive wheelsets there are in the entire biking industry so you should take care of the good ones you have and they should last a lifetime.
Purple Haze

Postby bojan v » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:35 pm

I should take it easy and focus on why I got back into biking. Than later on I can build my self a DH bike if need be. I'm gonna be busy next few days daughters first birthday so won't have time to see what's wrong. I will take the front wheel to get trued should of done it right away when I got it. On the suspension I will disconnect the shock and move it around see exactly what's squeaking. The lock was fully off it happened during my last night's ride I was pushing it pretty hard jumping off curbs onto the road and that's when it started. So when I locked it still had a tinny squeak off drops.
bojan v

Postby bojan v » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:18 pm

This is the specs of my wheels
It doesn't say what they are for xc am just says mountain
any idea of how durable they are and punishment they can handle. I'd hate for them to fail on me on a trail I do go pretty hard downhill fast as I can for the most part. I have lost 15lbs since I first started and hopefully weight will keep going down.

*Handbuilt: 26" Alloy Mountain Wheelset 
*Rims: Vuelta 26mm wide pinned 6061 alloy with CNC machined sides 
*Spokes: Vuelta aero plain gauge C45 2.8mm steel with brass nipples
*Lacing: Front 3 cross / Rear 3 cross (F24HxR24H)
*Hubs: Vuelta mountain with cartridge bearings (F2xR2)
*Weight: Front 937g/Rear 1176g = Pair 2178g
bojan v

Postby Falkon45 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:45 pm

They are XC wheels. Next up would be all mountain wheels, and those will be 32 spokes at that point. I have a set of jalco dd40 downhill wheels. They're very different from my other wheels.
Falkon45

PreviousNext

Return to 26er Mountain Bikes