Genesis v2100

This is the standard size mountain bike (MTB)
Forum rules
Be polite and courteous! Stay on topic!

Genesis v2100

Postby Njmose1 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:41 pm

I am thinking about putting my upgraded v2100 for sale. I'm trying to get an idea of what it could reasonably go for.

Upgraded just about everything but the frame.
Rockshox XC32 100mm air fork
Rockshox Ario 2.2 190mm rear shock with lockout
Race face ride crankset
FSA orbit headset
Oury ODI lock on grips
wellgo m195b pedals
Funn EZR disc brakes w/A2Z adapter
shimano 7 speed cassette
shimano ST-EF51 rapid fire shifters/break levers
Answer alumilite riser bar
Shimano Deore M593 shadow rear derailleur
Shimano Deore xt M770 front derailleur.
i don't recall what wheelset it has at the moment.
Last edited by Njmose1 on Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Njmose1

Re: Genesis v2100 price

Postby Njmose1 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:33 pm

Apparently all the pictures i have of it are to big to post on here
Njmose1

Re: Genesis v2100 price

Postby Njmose1 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:11 pm

Forgot to add that since all the work was done it's onlt been on one ride about 22 miles on easy dirt roads. I can't remember what I spent on it and am just trying to get an idea how much it should realistically sell for.
Njmose1

Re: Genesis v2100

Postby Purple Haze » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:32 am

I don't know much about the American market but over here bikes are a write off and I mean it.Even if you posted the latest Cannondale the Swiss people rather would cough up the money for a brand new one than buy something used.Big Box Bikes when modded would appeal to someone who knew something about bikes and would like a lower level entry model but with better specs.Dont low ball them but don't rip people off either like major brand manufacturers are because remember a top flight bike is only a keystroke away on Aliexpress (if you build it yourself) for pretty much the same price a lot of us have invested in bbbs.The big question is why are you selling something that you have invested so much time modifying and how did you fit a 190mm rear shock on it.See if you can get your money back and a small fee for the build but honestly your build is personal and would appeal to someone who reads this forum or someone that knows what it is and can exploit its capabilities.
Purple Haze

Postby scaldwellk » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:13 am

Agree. May be a better option to part it out to any good money back.
scaldwellk

Postby Njmose1 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:03 pm

Havn't exactly decided on selling it or not. Just trying to see if there is any interest and what it could reasonably go for. I injured my back so i havn't been using it. I enjoy the research and work more than anything plus money is tight right now. Wouldn't mind letting it go and doing it all over again with a different one latter on.
Njmose1

Postby Killgore » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:18 pm

I think the problem you are going to run in to is that you won't have much market for it.

Bike snobs will look down on it because it is a box store frame and even though you may have great parts on it, it is a box store frame.

People who are looking for an entry level bike wont understand why they would want to spend that kind of coin on a bike that they can pick up from walmart (even though it is vastly better).
Killgore

Postby Falkon45 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:34 pm

I hey into this argument with my mom a lot. She thinks I should seek my builds. I tell her nobody wants them. She doesn't understand the market. So she started asking her friends to check my bikes out. They say they like them, and how much I would want. My 29er was just over $600 after my build. When I told them that price, they said "I'll just get one from Walmart". I literally proved one side of my argument, then explained my other side of using Walmart frames won't get the bikes sold. And I refuse to hide the fact that they are Walmart frames. She still doesn't understand.

If you do sell it, expect a low ball offer, or maybe an offer for parts. Very few will take the whole bike if they're" in the know ".
Falkon45

Postby Njmose1 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:07 pm

This darn thing is still sitting in the garage collecting dust. If anyone has any interest in it feel free to pm me. Im located in the southern California area.

I enjoyed building it but have to many other hobbies along with work and the family. I'd rather see someone else get some use and enjoyment out of it and, when the time comes, i will just build up another one.
Njmose1

Postby Killgore » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:06 pm

Are you parting it or selling it as a whole?
Killgore

Next

Return to 26er Mountain Bikes