Boomer's Genesis 29 SS

SS and Fixie bikes whether from Walmart or other stores.
Forum rules
Be polite... stay on topic.

Boomer's Genesis 29 SS

Postby BoomerBrian » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:04 pm

Edit: Added Parts List

Parts List
________________________________
Frame - Genesis Two Nine
HandleBars - Race Face Evolve XC
Grips - ESI Chunks
Fork - Voodoo Zombie Rigid
Stem - Stock Genesis
Headset - FSA Pig
Brakes - Funn EZR mechanical Disc Brake Combo Kit
Wheels - Bontrager AT-850
Tires - Geax AKA
Cranks - Shimano Alivio
BashGuard - BBG Bashguard
Seatpost - Bontrager
Saddle - Bontrager
Chain Tension - Sette
Rear cogs - Sette
Pedals - Crank Bros. Candy 1

Image

Image
Last edited by BoomerBrian on Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:15 pm, edited 5 times in total.
BoomerBrian
 
Posts: 1295
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:50 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Boomer's Genesis 29 SS

Postby BoomerBrian » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:52 pm

It is time to start building up my Genesis 29 SS project bike. I want to get in on some SS action.

My plan is to make some upgrades to my Trek Cobia and take the parts from the Cobia and build up an SS.

I thought about the Gravity SS from Bikes Direct for $350 but already had the frame and I thought it would be a fun project.

Today I stripped the bike down to the frame. Once I got it stripped down I was shocked at how lite the frame was. It comes in just over 4lbs. 8-)

Still undecided on frame color. So far my choices are raw, orange, or lime green.

Edit: Bought a scale today and the frame came in at 1915 grams or 4.22 lbs.
Last edited by BoomerBrian on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BoomerBrian
 
Posts: 1295
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:50 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Boomer's Genesis 29 SS

Postby Irishmongooserider » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:59 pm

BoomerBrian wrote:Bought a scale today and the frame came in at 1915 grams or 4.22 lbs.


Light frame for as little as the bike cost. They just need to stick a disk mount on it.
My bikes: Mongoose Valiant, Tyax Elite, Switchback SS, Blackcomb, and the old DXR

Other: Origin8 Uno SS/fixie

See my YouTube vids @ https://www.youtube.com/user/mongoosejake
Irishmongooserider
 
Posts: 2824
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:54 pm
Location: Somerset, KY

Boomer's Genesis 29 SS

Postby BoomerBrian » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:44 pm

Irishmongooserider wrote:
BoomerBrian wrote:Bought a scale today and the frame came in at 1915 grams or 4.22 lbs.


Light frame for as little as the bike cost. They just need to stick a disk mount on it.


Agreed. That and a derailleur hanger.




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
BoomerBrian
 
Posts: 1295
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:50 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Boomer's Genesis 29 SS

Postby BoomerBrian » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:44 pm

I think I am going funky with this one.

Orange and black. Here is a test piece.

Image


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
BoomerBrian
 
Posts: 1295
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:50 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Re: Boomer's Genesis 29 SS

Postby squire366 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:54 pm

BoomerBrian wrote:I think I am going funky with this one.

Orange and black. Here is a test piece.

Image


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


Are you going to powder coat the frame or spray paint it? If you spray it what brand of paint are you can planning to use?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Mongoose Deception
squire366
 
Posts: 1218
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: Re: Boomer's Genesis 29 SS

Postby BoomerBrian » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:06 pm

squire366 wrote:
Are you going to powder coat the frame or spray paint it? If you spray it what brand of paint are you can planning to use?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2


For now I am just going to spray paint it. The paint I tested with is DupliColor Chevy Engine Block Orange. Picked it up at OReilly.
BoomerBrian
 
Posts: 1295
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:50 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Re: Re: Boomer's Genesis 29 SS

Postby squire366 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:09 am

BoomerBrian wrote:
squire366 wrote:
Are you going to powder coat the frame or spray paint it? If you spray it what brand of paint are you can planning to use?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2


For now I am just going to spray paint it. The paint I tested with is DupliColor Chevy Engine Block Orange. Picked it up at OReilly.


I'm considering powder coating but I may just repaint my Deception frame using Duplicolor or Rusto Wheel paint. The problem with the wheel paint is that they basically have three colors to choose from.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Mongoose Deception
squire366
 
Posts: 1218
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: Boomer's Genesis 29 SS

Postby squire366 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:11 am

Now is that paint Duplicolor Engine Block paint or just the name of the color is Chevy Engine Block Orange?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Mongoose Deception
squire366
 
Posts: 1218
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:26 pm

Boomer's Genesis 29 SS

Postby BoomerBrian » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:47 am

squire366 wrote:Now is that paint Duplicolor Engine Block paint or just the name of the color is Chevy Engine Block Orange?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2


It is Duplicolor Engine Block paint. The color is Chevy orange.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
BoomerBrian
 
Posts: 1295
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:50 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Next

Return to Single Speed/Fixed Gear Bikes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest