Boomer's Genesis 29 SS

SS and Fixie bikes whether from Walmart or other stores.
Forum rules
Be polite... stay on topic.

Re: Boomer's Genesis 29 SS

Postby desertguns » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:31 pm

Looking good, Brian. The stock Voodoo paint seemed to be good stuff. Yeah, mine is silver & pretty buggered up. ;) I ran a 2.5" WTB up front at lower psi & with good gloves/grips & didn't miss that stock Deception fork at all. Would have stuck with it but started doing more rocks & boulders in the mountains & decided some air springs up front would be better. Do miss the extra/crisp control the Voodoo gave the bike.
desertguns

Postby Irishmongooserider » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:57 am

Houndog wrote:
Irishmongooserider wrote:I personally swear by powdercoating, as it's such a durable finish. Each full suspension frame does cost about $100-$120 to do though. Never have had a hardtail done, but it shouldn't be as much I wouldn't think.

How much do a few paint chips really matter anyhow....???

With me, chips in the paint matter wayyyyy to much, lol! I'll admit I'm a fanatic about how my bikes look.
My bikes: Mongoose Valiant, Tyax Elite, Switchback SS, Blackcomb, and the old DXR

Other: Origin8 Uno SS/fixie

See my YouTube vids @ https://www.youtube.com/user/mongoosejake
Irishmongooserider

Postby BoomerBrian » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:59 pm

Starting to look like a bike.

I have some concerns with how close the rotor is to the frame. Should I be concerned?

BoomerBrian

Postby Irishmongooserider » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:10 pm

As long as other riders have already converted this frame over to disks, I wouldn't worry. It looks close, but as long as your adaptor gets the caliper properly lined up, it should work.
My bikes: Mongoose Valiant, Tyax Elite, Switchback SS, Blackcomb, and the old DXR

Other: Origin8 Uno SS/fixie

See my YouTube vids @ https://www.youtube.com/user/mongoosejake
Irishmongooserider

Postby BoomerBrian » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:19 pm

Irishmongooserider wrote:As long as other riders have already converted this frame over to disks, I wouldn't worry. It looks close, but as long as your adaptor gets the caliper properly lined up, it should work.

Yeah...That is what I thought but I was worrying about a little flex on the trail. I may wrap some tube around it like a chain slap guard just in case.
BoomerBrian

Postby RT4x4 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:22 pm

Man I guess its just the design of the frame but yeah mine was pretty close too. I don't recall if it ever did touch under flex or not, I'll double check the frame out for any marks.

Looking pretty sharp !!!!!
RT4x4

Postby BoomerBrian » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:27 pm

RT4x4 wrote:Man I guess its just the design of the frame but yeah mine was pretty close too. I don't recall if it ever did touch under flex or not, I'll double check the frame out for any marks.

Thanks.

Did you use the a2z adapter for your rear disc?
BoomerBrian

Postby RT4x4 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:39 pm

BoomerBrian wrote:
RT4x4 wrote:Man I guess its just the design of the frame but yeah mine was pretty close too. I don't recall if it ever did touch under flex or not, I'll double check the frame out for any marks.

Thanks.

Did you use the a2z adapter for your rear disc?

Boomer, I just checked the frame it does have marks from it rubbing on it also keep in mind my wheel was out of true by 3/4. Yes I used the A2Z adapter.
RT4x4

Postby Houndog » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:30 pm

Looking good...A huge improvement over the white!!!!!
Houndog

Postby BoomerBrian » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:44 pm

Getting close. Took it for a spin around the block and this bike is fun. Can't wait to hit the trails. The bike feels pretty light. Need to weigh it.

Only thing left is to figure out if want to get the a2z or do something like Wicked did to his with another type of bracket for the back brakes.

Got these orange chunks on the way.

BoomerBrian

PreviousNext

Return to Single Speed/Fixed Gear Bikes