Just picked up a Origin8 Uno

SS and Fixie bikes whether from Walmart or other stores.
Forum rules
Be polite... stay on topic.

Re: Just picked up a Origin8 Uno

Postby Irishmongooserider » Wed May 15, 2013 2:35 pm

Mongo, the bar/basket combo is Origin8's CargoUnit bar. Great for hauling stuff quickly and easily, and let's you keep your eyes on cargo unlike a rear rack (you could lose something while riding off of a rear rack and not notice it for awhile, lol) and the sides are tall enough that it'd be hard for something to bounce out. Love the usefulness and style of it!

The ThickSlicks have great reviews, and should be perfect for this bike, as it needs tough tires. It gets bunnyhopped over curbs, rode through medians that aren't great as far as condition, as well as the occasional pothole I whack accidentally, in addition to the normal road debris that an urban bike gets to see like glass, hardware, etc.
My bikes: Mongoose Valiant, Tyax Elite, Switchback SS, Blackcomb, and the old DXR

Other: Origin8 Uno SS/fixie

See my YouTube vids @ https://www.youtube.com/user/mongoosejake
Irishmongooserider

Re: Just picked up a Origin8 Uno

Postby mongo613 » Tue May 28, 2013 11:31 am

I must say it again that cargo unit is really cool, prob the best basket design ive ever seen. I use to have to install baskets at a LBS and always wondered why they came in a million pieces.

Thickslicks will work great, and they look bad ass to lol. I thought id have traction problems with them, ive never felt nervous on them even in the rain.

Sweet build, enjoy it!
Mongoose Sinure Fixie
Mongoose DJ682 26" Dirt Jumper
Feel free to PM me with any questions on these BBB
mongo613

Previous

Return to Single Speed/Fixed Gear Bikes