Blue Mongoose Beast/Digital Camo Beast-Specs & Observations

Wide-tire bicycles with flotation are great in snow or on sand.
Forum rules
Be polite... stay on topic.

Re: Blue Mongoose Beast/Digital Camo Beast-Specs & Observati

Postby Houndog » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:34 pm

With the Devist8ers,being lower profile,one could cut the fender mount off and grind the dropouts farther forward at least an inch
maybe 2..........

RRB banned about 6 of us guys who frequent the undergroundvelo forum....
RatRod Steve,thinks UGV is a disgraceful site,yes there are pics of women in bikinis and we cuss there as well..
Everyone there is mature,well that can be debated..hahaha and we have no real rules except don't be a dick...We have real life discussions and know how to respectfully disagree..It's a great bicycle site with no snobbery whatsoever...I like it that way....
RRB is full of ass kissing immature fukking sissys and if you are speak your mind in a nice way,you will have your comments deleted
I called him out and he banned me.....Just as well for me,he has saved my savings account much duress..
Believe it or not he views UGV as a monetary threat to RRB,he told The guy that runs UGV that...
Houndog

Postby desertguns » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:26 pm

Devastator came in today. Weighs 2140 gr, not 2000 as advertised. WTB seems to "exaggerate" too. The only tire I've had come in at the advertised weight was the Tioga Psychos. Origin8 tires came in a box large enough for a complete wheel set. Guess they were afraid to fold it at all. :) Will mount it & hope for some rain this weekend to test it out.

desertguns wrote:
Houndog wrote:A god price and good reviews..http://www.amazon.com/Origin8-2011-Devi ... ires+26%22
Thanks, HD. I need an aggressive tread. The stock tire have a similar small knob pattern as Eddie's post. 4.4lbs on those Origins is still more than a lb lighter than stock. But at $35 it's worth a shot! One of those and one of the Vee Mission knobby & swap front & rear to test performance. Great find! :)

I just ordered the Origin8 tire from Niagara - NO shipping charges! I've ordered from them before & sometimes the freight will pork you. Not so this time! 8-)
desertguns

Postby desertguns » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:51 pm

Houndog wrote:With the Devist8ers,being lower profile,one could cut the fender mount off and grind the dropouts farther forward at least an inch
maybe 2..........
Interesting thought. Not ready to start cutting the frame just yet though ;)

Houndog wrote: RRB banned about 6 of us guys who frequent the undergroundvelo forum....
RatRod Steve,thinks UGV is a disgraceful site,yes there are pics of women in bikinis and we cuss there as well..
Everyone there is mature,well that can be debated..hahaha and we have no real rules except don't be a dick...We have real life discussions and know how to respectfully disagree..It's a great bicycle site with no snobbery whatsoever...I like it that way....
RRB is full of ass kissing immature fukking sissys and if you are speak your mind in a nice way,you will have your comments deleted
I called him out and he banned me.....Just as well for me,he has saved my savings account much duress..
Believe it or not he views UGV as a monetary threat to RRB,he told The guy that runs UGV that...
Very strange & douchey way to run a site for bike mods. It's as if he wants you to sign a "no compete" clause. Very douche-like... I think I also read that KFC won't sell you chicken if you ever gone to Popeye's. right.... :roll: :?
desertguns

Postby steady eddie » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:08 am

moved to the Technical Section...
Last edited by steady eddie on Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steady Eddie

"If you buy a stock bike, do something to it that makes it the only one exactly like it in the world"...Grant Petersen
steady eddie

Postby desertguns » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:50 pm

While appreciating your newfound enthusiasm for fat bike tech, Eddie, thought I'd get back to the Beast. In the photo below the rear axles of the Deception & Beast are in line with one another. Note the position of the bottom brackets in the center pic, reiterating the difference the longer chain stays make.
First time the Deception has ever looked small. :)
The saddle on the Deception is the stock unit off the Beast. Pretty comfortable for a stock goose seat.
100_4761.jpg
100_4761.jpg (221.67 KiB) Viewed 1567 times
Attachments
100_4757.jpg
100_4757.jpg (284.06 KiB) Viewed 1567 times
100_4760.jpg
100_4760.jpg (261.63 KiB) Viewed 1567 times
desertguns

Postby Houndog » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:59 pm

DG ,Steady E.........It would be cool if'n ya joined up at UGV...theres a shout out box ya cant see until you join at the bottom of the page....You guys would make a great addition..And there is a Build off coming up in Sept...
There is even a class for models or planes what have ya this year...
There is also a Klunker class that oughtta be cool..

http://undergroundvelo.proboards.com/

Anyone else is welcome to check it out as well,there is a snob free MTB area as well...
Houndog

Postby desertguns » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:06 pm

I always caution people to be leary of any organization that would allow me to be a member :P
desertguns

Postby desertguns » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:24 pm

Houndog wrote:DG ,Steady E.........It would be cool if'n ya joined up at UGV...theres a shout out box ya cant see until you join at the bottom of the page....You guys would make a great addition..And there is a Build off coming up in Sept...

Anyone else is welcome to check it out as well,there is a snob free MTB area as well...
I do simple mods. You're an artist with bikes. Not sure what I could contribute...
desertguns

Postby Houndog » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:20 pm

desertguns wrote:
Houndog wrote:DG ,Steady E.........It would be cool if'n ya joined up at UGV...theres a shout out box ya cant see until you join at the bottom of the page....You guys would make a great addition..And there is a Build off coming up in Sept...

I do simple mods. You're an artist with bikes. Not sure what I could contribute...

Wow.that's a high compliment...Thanks DG!!!
Houndog

Postby desertguns » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:00 am

Two balls & two strikes outside a baseball game is not a good thing. I've hit the top tube twice while rolling through deeper muddy water where whatever is underwater can't be seen. Just going from 6 or 7 mph to zero with no warning can be a problem for big Jim & the twins. So a $1 polyethylene pool toy did the trick. Do kids just beat the heck out of each other with these things or what? I don't no how pipe insulation became a pool toy, but it also makes a good nardguard. :) Comes off & goes on easy too.
Attachments
100_4816.jpg
100_4816.jpg (351.43 KiB) Viewed 1393 times
100_4814.jpg
100_4814.jpg (266.41 KiB) Viewed 1393 times
desertguns

PreviousNext

Return to Fat Bikes