Mongoose Dolomite Adult Fat Bike

Wide-tire bicycles with flotation are great in snow or on sand.
Forum rules
Be polite... stay on topic.

Re: Mongoose Dolomite Adult Fat Bike

Postby momikey » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:49 pm

momikey

Postby mteigen » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:04 am

Found this unusual asymmetrical electric fat bike design on Gizmodo web site at http://www.gizmag.com/xterrain500-elect ... ike/39070/ - Called Xterrain. Really like this concept as I am looking for electric bike to ride over swampy areas and beach. Youtube videos looks cool. Need feedback if anyone had tried this bike?

mteigen

Postby GooserEW » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:55 pm

Dear mteigen, please stay on topic, your post has nothing to do with the Mongoose Dolomite. You have 4 posts on this site and all refer to that poorly designed excuse of a bike like thing. I think me smells SPAM, and not the good kind. :roll:
GooserEW

Postby Falkon45 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:42 pm

Gooser, we sorted him out already.
Falkon45

Postby GooserEW » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:39 pm

Glad to hear that. I didn't look at the post dates just saw that crap and got a little fired up. This site has a wealth of info and a lot of good people here, just hate to see that kind of stuff. Glad it has been resolved.
GooserEW

Re: Mongoose Dolomite $183.41 shipped!

Postby desertguns » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:15 pm

The Dolomite is back & on sale from Amazon for $183.41 shipped! :shock: Say what you will about this bike, you Bikes Direct fan boys, but you can't beat that deal with an aluminum stick :twisted:
http://www.amazon.com/Mongoose-Mens-Dol ... Q7KJ3ZHTQY

Yeah, If it weren't for that frikin bottom bracket I might just order another one... ;)
desertguns

Postby desertguns » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:00 pm

I'm waiting for an answer from the vendor about the meaning of "oil fork" but if he means hydraulic lockout, Im going for it. That's right, steering tighter into the crazy turn with the Dolomite. The Dolo fork will go on the unbuilt fat trke, which I have finally ordered parts for. It will be a 3 speed desert/yard truck.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/fat-tire-bike-f ... Track=true
desertguns

Postby Falkon45 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:13 pm

Good on ya, Desert!!!! But like I said, methinks those are steel lowers. Take a magnet to them when you get the bike. After seeing how the lockout is on my stock shock for the striking frame, I'm thinking those are mechanical lockout. They might make some noise on initial compression.
Falkon45

Postby desertguns » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:19 pm

Falkon45 wrote:Good on ya, Desert!!!! But like I said, methinks those are steel lowers. Take a magnet to them when you get the bike. After seeing how the lockout is on my stock shock for the striking frame, I'm thinking those are mechanical lockout. They might make some noise on initial compression.

Already got a reply. He says it is a hydraulic lockout, which makes it similar to a Suntour XCR. But we'll see... Yeah, will post a full analysis & photos. Cross your fingers for me. ;)
desertguns

Postby desertguns » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:43 pm

Well, against my better judgement, the fork is on order. :roll: :oops: And in keeping with this mainland asian experiment I also ordered an $11 red anodized, sealed bearing headset!

and $8 wed rock-on gwips - herrow! :P
desertguns

PreviousNext

Return to Fat Bikes