New choice available for 27.5“

The industry is coming out with new riding formats and 27.5 looks like a keeper. Here's where you talk it over with other riders.
Forum rules
Be polite! Try to stay on topic. :)

Re: New choice available for 27.5“

Postby morando6784 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:06 am

wow huffy stepping up there game. This looks pretty good. Might have to look out for this one on craigs in the future and try to get a good deal into a 27.5.
What ever bike I just picked up is what im riding.............Currently Mongoose Pro G3
morando6784

Postby gallienus » Thu May 14, 2015 3:51 pm

Hello,

So now that you've had the huffy for a few months what do you think of the bike? I was looking the Mongoose ledge 3.1 but after reading this thread the huffy TR-S 740 seemed like the better bike. To be honest I doubt the bike is going to see many trails I bought it just for exercise and to ride around on the streets but I wanted something I could take off road too if the mood struck me. Thanks in advance for any replies.
gallienus

Postby Cobra29svt » Sat May 16, 2015 6:38 pm

I just returned my Genisis Overkill and ordered this one.
Cobra29svt

Postby EasyRider » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:22 am

Any updates shadow? Looking at this one and the Genesis overkill 27.5 bike. Big difference in price, and I'd like to get the most bang per buck.
Formally WallyNiner
EasyRider

Postby dddd » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:31 am

Hi, new poster here, I'm in Northern California. I buy and ride all kinds of used bikes, including some from Target, and usually avoid anything with a generic rear shock unless it's under $40.

I am surprised to see Huffy within striking range of Giant, though I have seen Treks that were only bb quality but sold for hundreds more.

A freehub on a Huffy seems like a big deal if it has one. Too bad that the Mongoose Terrex doesn't have the better hub design and a better fork. I would love to find one used, I'm still looking.

These bb mtb's with freewheels should at least have a 10mm solid axle instead of 3/8", and it wouldn't really add any cost. That, and they could take the slop out of some of the forks, in my dreams I guess!

I mentioned that I've bought Target Schwinns. Only because these bike's forks had rubber gaiters that didn't dissolve in the first year. If only the top caps also didn't let in rain water, such a hassle to clean out the rust!
dddd

Postby Purple Haze » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:46 am

Looks like a great bike if you can find it.Was listed for a short period of time and I have not seen or heard about it since.
Purple Haze

Postby Ruckis » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:15 pm

There was a recall on the Elite TR-S 740
Hazard: An open quick release lever on the bicycle’s front wheel hub can come into contact
with the front disc brake assembly, causing the front wheel to come to a sudden stop or separate
from the bicycle, posing a risk of injury to the rider.

That's probably why it's so hard to find anywhere. Wally World must have taken it off the site due to the recall.
Ruckis

Previous

Return to 27.5-inch Mountain Bikes