Hyper SpinFusion 700C?

Road bikes sold by bygbox stores.
Forum rules
Be polite and courteous! Stay on topic!

Hyper SpinFusion 700C?

Postby serdna75 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:33 pm

I happened upon a new road/fitness bike at my local Wal-Mart - the Hyper SpinFusion 700c.

It was on an upper rack at WallyWorld so I couldn't get it down to try it out. Seems decent, but the only other Hyper bike I've seen is their dual-suspension 26" MTB and I wasn't too impressed.

Anyone have any experience with it?
--
Schwinn Point Beach Cruiser
Schwinn Ranger 2.6 FS MTB
Roadmaster Mt. Fury
serdna75

Re: Hyper SpinFusion 700C?

Postby Walgoosed » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:40 am

What are you looking for in a bike?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Be anything you like, be madmen, drunks, and bastards of every
shape and form, but at all costs avoid one thing: success. -Thomas Merton

Walgoose Deception SS
70s Schwinn Varsity
Roadmaster Granite Peak
Walgoosed

Postby jellybeandriver » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:00 pm

I'm interested too. Have a Diamondback Insight that was a steal when Performance had them on sale for $199 years ago (with nice SRAM components). Giving the Diamondback to my daughter and now I need a kick around bike.

Anyone have this SpinFusion?
jellybeandriver

Postby desertguns » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:44 pm

Walgoosed wrote:What are you looking for in a bike?

Like the man said, it makes all the difference. I don't own the bike but am familiar with the components & setup. If you like this bike & are going to ride it on the street & paved/groomed trails, it will be fine. The brakes & derailleurs may need to be tuned if you get it pre-assembled or boxed. You may want to have a bike shop check the grease points, as well as headset, bottom bracket & wheel bearing tension. Are you sure it fits you physically? Apart from that, if you don't try to use it as an off-road mountain bike, it should be fine. IMHO.
desertguns

Postby Falkon45 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:38 pm

I'm not sure about this bike. I think it was because of what I was looking for at the time, but something about this bike I didn't like. I think it was the geometry. Very mountain bike-ish. More so, than cyclocross, but amost like they just had a frame, and wanted to get something out there to compete with the other companies (hyper didn't offer a 700c bike for a while).
Falkon45

Postby DanInVA » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:56 am

Hello. New member here, first post. I figured I would give this bike a shot. The one I picked up was pre assembled and on the rack. The derailluers and brakes needed adjustment, but other than that it seems ok so far. Also, when I went to buy it in store, it rang up as $109 rather than 199. If you have one locally, it may be the same
DanInVA

Postby Ruckis » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:28 pm

I would not suggest this bike to be honest. Hyper has a tendency to use kindy crappy equipment. I'd go with the Schwinn Network or the Third Avenue
I'm not particularly partial to Schwinn, but assuming that you're looking for a Hybrid under $200 those are the way to go, IMO.
Ruckis

Postby to the beach » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:50 pm

I like that it has trigger shifters, but I'm guessing it was designed a while ago due to lack of disc brakes. It would be nice with a set of after market 700c fenders and I'll bet it would benefit from a higher in the lineup Shimano freewheel and rear derailleur.
to the beach

Postby DanInVA » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:43 pm

I am a fan of the trigger shifters, those are the reason I picked this one up. My tuning skills leave a bit to be desired, I figured that out today when I tried to shift the front derailluer into third. I will keep playing with it and eventually get it sorted. It is nice to ride again anyhow, this is my first bike in about 15 years.
DanInVA

Postby 6sharky9 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:53 pm

Congrats on the bike....check out some youtube videos on how to adjust things...its not really all that complicated.

After 15yrs ill bet you feel like a kid again gettin on a bike :mrgreen:

Once everything is adjusted it should be pretty reliable...Its not uncommon however that adjustments need to be made every so often...Youll find through using it in time what you think should be improved on or changes you might want...Enjoy.
2014 Motobecane 550HT (work in progress)
6sharky9

Next

Return to Big Box Road Bikes