Genesis 700c Men's RoadTech Road Bike, Black/Red

Road bikes sold by bygbox stores.
Forum rules
Be polite and courteous! Stay on topic!

Genesis 700c Men's RoadTech Road Bike, Black/Red

Postby ggill » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:50 am

I am adding this bike to my collection of wally world bikes today. After reading reviews till I was blue in the face, I figured it will be hard to go wrong with this one. Especially for $149. I already have the Schwinn DSB that I ride regularly. I'm just starting to some more straight road rides. I'll be sure to put in some feedback on the Genesis. I'll probably put the first 20 miles on it this evening.
[Image]
ggill

Re: Genesis 700c Men's RoadTech Road Bike, Black/Red

Postby ggill » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:52 am

I'm just starting to do some more straight road rides.
[Image]
ggill

Postby Azusa » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:00 am

I am adding this bike to my collection of wally world bikes today. After reading reviews till I was blue in the face, I figured it will be hard to go wrong with this one. Especially for $149. I already have the Schwinn DSB that I ride regularly. I'm just starting to some more straight road rides. I'll be sure to put in some feedback on the Genesis. I'll probably put the first 20 miles on it this evening.

Gill, I've been researching the Tech also, but found little info out there other than on the WM site, which is next to nothing.
I don't understand how WM sell bikes with practically no info, and no detailed pix of important components.
I would love to read your feedback on this bike. I'm also considering the Genesis G500.
Attachments
Genisis G500.jpg
Genisis G500.jpg (28.75 KiB) Viewed 1102 times
Genisis Tech700c.jpg
Genisis Tech700c.jpg (25.66 KiB) Viewed 1102 times
Azusa

Postby ggill » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:30 pm

Well, I had to reset. I ordered it from my local store, they didn't have it, they refunded my Paypal. So I just managed to transfer the money from my bank to paypal. Found one in another store, decided not to get it although it was probably good for the price. I went ahead and bought a Trek flat bar road bike.
[Image]
ggill

Postby Azusa » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:30 pm

ggill wrote:Well, I had to reset. I ordered it from my local store, they didn't have it, they refunded my Paypal. So I just managed to transfer the money from my bank to paypal. Found one in another store, decided not to get it although it was probably good for the price. I went ahead and bought a Trek flat bar road bike.

Sounds great, ggill. tell me more about the trek road bike you bought. I own a trek 3000-- 24 speed mountain bike with mega low and like it a lot. Its light aluminum frame. I use it on moderate trails, and since its very hilly where I live, I often use it as a climber. My road bikes dont have low enough gears to climb, and I use them mainly on flat road trips. I prefer using the Peugeot 12 speed for long distance since it has a Carbolite 103 frame and fork. The low is 26 cogs. Not a good climber. Hoping to replace it with a lower gear set making the bike more versatile. If I can do that, I can pass on the
G500, although, as you said, it is a good buy. Wish I could see it in the store. I use the ten speed Schwinn world sport for short trips, and as a back up for the Peugeot. The bike is late 80s vintage and totally stock. I really dont know what can be done to improve it. The bike looks good but its heavy at around 28 pounds. Not a climber either.
Azusa

Postby nevershoutchris » Mon May 11, 2015 10:35 pm

700 is OOS :(
nevershoutchris

Return to Big Box Road Bikes