WalMart Fixed Gear $99

Road bikes sold by bygbox stores.
Forum rules
Be polite and courteous! Stay on topic!

Re: WalMart Fixed Gear $99

Postby nevershoutchris » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:06 pm

Yeah the frame looks wider, so I want to know if it is significantly lighter, if at all, since the description boasts aluminumity. :ugeek:
nevershoutchris

Postby Renaldow » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:18 pm

nevershoutchris wrote:Yeah the frame looks wider, so I want to know if it is significantly lighter, if at all, since the description boasts aluminumity. :ugeek:

The only way anyone would know that is to have both bikes and weigh them. The weights listed on Walmart's website are approximate shipping weights only, and have nothing to do with the reality of the bike. I would guess they were close in weight though. I have the steel framed one, and after I assembled it I weighed it and it was just under 24lbs. I would be surprised if the aluminum frame one was significantly less. That's already in the realm of ultra low weight for a BBB ;)
Renaldow

Postby Falkon45 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:18 pm

I'm starting to get upset. These things are showing up on CL, bone stock, for $150+. I've emailed a few people letting them know that they are $99 bikes new at wally world.
Falkon45

Postby Renaldow » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:27 am

Falkon45 wrote:I'm starting to get upset. These things are showing up on CL, bone stock, for $150+. I've emailed a few people letting them know that they are $99 bikes new at wally world.

I've seen mine (Green) trying to be sold very used on CL for $250, claiming it was a $400+ bike. Yeah, no.
Renaldow

Postby Falkon45 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:26 pm

Yeah... scam artist all day. I still want to build a fixie for myself. I kinda started one, but ended up giving it to my roommate, and finishing the build for him. Think i got it down to a wheelset, now (just picked up a full CF fork for it. lol).
Falkon45

Postby nevershoutchris » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:39 pm

Renaldow wrote:
nevershoutchris wrote:Yeah the frame looks wider, so I want to know if it is significantly lighter, if at all, since the description boasts aluminumity. :ugeek:

The only way anyone would know that is to have both bikes and weigh them. The weights listed on Walmart's website are approximate shipping weights only, and have nothing to do with the reality of the bike. I would guess they were close in weight though. I have the steel framed one, and after I assembled it I weighed it and it was just under 24lbs. I would be surprised if the aluminum frame one was significantly less. That's already in the realm of ultra low weight for a BBB ;)

Ended up not ordering the Al thruster because reviewers reported it 27-29 pounds (and the wheels/tires each 5 pounds), so I guess the hitensil steel one you bought came lighter overall.

Sent from my gameboy using Tapatalk
nevershoutchris

Previous

Return to Big Box Road Bikes